The network will sponsor the following types of activities (all of which are open to participants not only from the network, but also external):
- Open Hack Day Data Bilbao (22/2/2013): The purpose of this conference is to share briefly what Linked Open Data is and gather a group of enthusiasts in working groups to create a new dataset and/or design and deploy fast and simple applications that link and use open data. The event took place at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Deusto and the details of the results of the day are available on opendataday.deusto.es.
Meetings and Workshops
At these meetings, whose normal duration will be of a day or a day and a half, there will be activities for the dissemination of work in the area of Linked Data from the participants, through oral presentations, poster sessions and demos, and tutorials. There will be also specific workshops focused on content creation.
- First General Meeting (6-7/06/2011) Program: the meeting was held at Facultad de Informática, Boadilla del Monte, Madrid, starting at 12:00 on Monday June 6th and finishing at 16:00 on Tuesday afternoon.
- Workshop en Tecnologías de Linked Data y sus aplicaciones en España (Caepia 2011): complete information about the workshop in the following link.
These are meetings whose purpose is to generate lightweight ontologies on a priori selected domain. More information about the format of these events: http://vocamp.org
- Maratón de creación de mapeos para la DBpedia en español (3-4/11/2011): complete information in the following link.
- II Jornadas esDBpedia, December 14-15 (14-15/12/2012): complete information in the following link.
- Introductory talk and demos within Beer for Science initiative (1/12/2011): it will take place in FNAC center, Alicante. More info here. Interview in radio program La Linterna - COPE Alicante here. General introduction from minute 10:30. Focus on Linked Data from minute 19.
Linked Data meetups
Informal meetings in public places, dynamically organized at the initiative of any member of the network, and very open to participants who are not members of the network. Can operate in stand-up comedy (where people are telling you lift and what they are doing) or a bit more organized, with cannon and screen for presentations, according to the facilities characteristics used.
- Open Data Hackathon (3/12/2011): in the context of the 2nd international open data hack day. More details and registration to be announced shortly. The event will take place in ElSite, De las Pozas, st. , 2, Madrid. Further information here.
- Open Hack Day Data Bilbao (6/7/2012): The purpose of this conference is to share briefly what Linked Open Data is and gather a group of enthusiasts in working groups to create a new dataset and/or design and deploy fast and simple applications that link and use open data. The event took place at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Deusto and the details of the results of the day are available on opendataday.deusto.es.
List of courses coordinated or taught by network members.
- "Oportunidades de la Web de Datos (Linked Data) en España": coordinated by Óscar Corcho within the summer courses of the Universidad Politécnica Madrid. The course will be taught july, 20 and 21. Further information: http://www.upm.es/cursosverano Course brochure in pdf format.
- "Archives and records management to the semantic web": directed by Javier Nogueras (University of Zaragoza) in summer courses at the University of Zaragoza. The course was held from 16 to 18 July 2012. More information http://catedralogisman.unizar.es/teaching/courses/detail.dot?id=7908
- "Curso Linked Data": taught by Asunción Gómez-Pérez and Oscar Corcho within the training on Linked Data developed by datos.gob.es. The course took place on November 29. More information in the link (another link).